Fashion + Denim Designer, Creative Director, Social Media Maven.
Kind of in that particular order.
Ava is an independent fashion designer residing in the Greater NY Region. She has over 10 years experience in the apparel industry with a career that was heavily centered in the premium denim market, and nurtured in the heart of America’s denim capital. She is also known for her Carmichael bicycle bag collection, which has been recognized and sold worldwide.
She has worked as a designer for independent apparel start-ups as well as established brands and companies with revenues exceeding $1B. Sewing since the age of 12 with much of her creative spirit nurtured and inspired by her Grandmother, Ava Carmichael began designing professionally in 2003 with her first experimental collection of denim.
In 2005, while attending Wade College of Design in Dallas, she launched her first evening wear collection in Austin, TX during ATX Fashion Week and debuted her collection shortly thereafter at The Dallas Market. In 2007, she went to work for Russell-Newman (now owned by Industrial Renaissance Inc.) designing lounge wear and sleepwear for private label companies such as Saks 5th Ave., Belk, Wal-Mart, JC Penney, Federated, TJ Maxx and Dillards.
Her interest and career then took her to Los Angeles in 2007, where she worked with premium brands such as Prospect Denim, Brown Label Jeans, Solow, as well as some of the best factories and wash houses in LA. From 2009-2010, she lived in New York and Dallas, and successfully launched the denim collection, Mockingbird and the junior activewear line, Berry Jane. From 2010-2012 She was the Sr. Denim Designer for Miller International, designing the men’s and women’s denim collections, as well as three seasons in women’s tops (knits and wovens). Ava Carmichael currently works as an independent Designer and Art Director.
APPAREL DESIGN, PACKAGING, SOURCING
BRANDS WORKED WITH
Creative, forward-thinking Apparel Designer with over 10 years design experience, specializing in Denim for Men, Women and Juniors as well as Sportswear and Activewear. Successfully provided styles and private label collections for companies such as Saks 5th Ave., JC Penney, Ross, TJ Maxx, Macy’s and Cavender’s. Broad range of experience also includes: Trend Analysis, Production, Negotiating and Communicating with domestic and foreign factories, Costing, Sourcing.
SOCIAL MEDIA, WEB MARKETING, CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Creative, social media savvy self-starter with over 10 years design experience in the fashion industry and over 6 years street cred in social media marketing, e-commerce, graphics, branding and product development. Proven success in developing and executing products with well-defined social media strategies to increase brand awareness and convert to sales.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Market Analysis, Trends
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Trends
- Product Development, Product Design
- Press Release Writing
- Company, Personal Branding
- Writing SEO Rich Content/Copy
- Website Development, WordPress
- eCommerce Retail
- Social Media Marketing, Management
- Blogger/PR Outreach
- PPC (Pay per Click)
- Facebook Ads, Facebook Insights
- Instagram, Ads, Sponsored Posts
- Twitter Ads, Twitter Insights
- Pinterest Ads, Insights
- YouTube Ads
PLATFORMS + PROGRAMS
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Musical.ly
- eBay, Etsy, Shopify, Wanelo, Amazon, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Affiliate Marketing
- Google Alerts, HARO, BuzzSumo, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, bit.ly, Buffer, Later, Sprout Social
- Newsletter Writing/Management, MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, basic HTML, Basic Java, WordPress
(Full resume available upon request)